Saturday, September 26, 2015

Wearing Your Hair in a Scarf

Lol 😝 How many people are crazy enough to dress this way - on a a normal basis, and in public?


 Me. πŸ˜‰


 I am rather weird in my tastes. I like wild, comfy, pretty, easy, crazy, fancy, practical all wrapped in one. - Those are some of my favorite words, too ;).


 I get some crazy results :D Such as this new thing with my hair ( I've been doing it about 6 months now ).



I first did it in this picture - wanting something unique and pretty for a girls' party I was going to, I suddenly thought of braiding a ribbon into my hair. A close friend, Esther helped me! ( Never knowing how crazy I'd become weeks later ).



The ribbon was soon replaced with a scarf :)


 At first I would just wrap the scarf around my head, tie it under my pony tail and then over. And then I just let it hang or braid it loosely into my hair.


For a wilder, looser look I just tie it under the pony tail [If the scarf has tassels it will add length to your hair :D ]


But the scarf does like to fall off the top of my head to my back quite often - especially at youth group. πŸ˜’ So, I bought some dark colored hair clips about 1 and 1/2 inches long and snap one on each side of the top of my head and scarf.


Keeps the scarf there πŸ˜€


For the ribbon variation I tie the center of the ribbon to a dark colored pony tail holder ( hairband ), make my hair up into a pony tail and then braid the ribbon into my hair tightly.


 And now for the pictures!!! 😍




Braided ribbon


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Scarf in a braid



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I made this dress last month:)




Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Don't you just love my goats!? I have 7 now :D
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This little girl is my buddy :D
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I knitted the blouse ( they are available for order :b )
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Aren't kittens just adorable?

Scarf hanging loose







Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Love this outfit!




So, what do you think? Brave enough to try this - in public? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰

This post was originally posted here.

3 comments:

  1. I love scarves! I used to wear them in my hair a lot more but I still love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scarves are a beautiful accessory and your wear them well.

    ReplyDelete