Sunday, September 14, 2014

Bohemian Lace {classygarb}

 
Hey ladies! How is your Sunday faring? I thought I'd share my church outfit today - trying to get some more outfit posts up since I haven't really posted many of those this year and, well, APOC is supposed to be a fashion blog. With actual outfit posts. Haha.
 
 
So, I saw this quote on Pinterest which I really loved.
 
"Always be kinder than you feel."
 
Last week after church, my parents informed me that I didn't smile very much during the time I was playing piano in the service. They said I looked like I didn't want to be there.
Yes, it hurt to hear that, because during that time I was playing I wasn't thinking that at all. I was just focusing on the music; and sometimes I tend to look somber when I'm playing my instruments, if I don't watch.
 
Nonetheless, when I saw that quote, it made me think about the act of smiling. My argument has always been, "well, if I put on a big cheesy grin while I'm playing it'll look super fake!"
 
Well, maybe yes and maybe no. It's only going to feel that way if you decide so. Ever since then, I've been making an effort to smile whenever I can. Smiles are wonderful things, people! And they're free gifts you can give to any human being on the planet that you choose.
 
Act the way you want to feel, and soon how you feel will follow suite.
 
 
"Be cheerful: it's contagious!"
 
 
// what i wore //
 
Lace tunic: Charlotte Russe
Skinny jeans: Sears or Belk, I can't remember
Ankle boots: American Eagle
Earrings: Charlotte Russe
Belt: (came with a shirt from Sears or Belk...)
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love those sleeves. In fact, I just found a shirt today that has similar sleeves, but more...(drapey?)
    Super excited to wear it soon!
    Natasha
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Natasha! :D Fancy sleeves for the win! :D

      Delete
  2. Ooh, looks fun! I didn't know you played piano...I do too

    ReplyDelete