Thursday, June 4, 2015

Charcoal Bamboo {Product Review}

  So a while ago I did a review of a facial sponge. Well, today I am reviewing a similar sponge that is from a different company and has a different thing to offer. How is it different, you may ask? Well, this sponge has charcoal. Bamboo charcoal, in fact. This product is actually by a company called MY Konjac Sponge, so I assume the majority of what they make involves konjac sponges of different kinds. The tag line of the company is 'Your skins best friend.'

  As I had already reviewed a similar sponge, one might think it strange for me to review another, but as they are different products I thought it might be nice to evaluate this one as well, and I was interested in trying this charcoal bamboo one.

 The sponge is the same shape, a teardrop, as the first sponge I tried so I think that must be a common shape for this type of item. It also comes with a string for hanging up. My new bathroom (I'll post photos eventually once I share more news about my renovation experience) has a row of hooks for towels and whatnot, so that worked nicely to hang the sponge on so it would dry out naturally. You aren't supposed to wring these sponges as the fibers are sensitive.

 Let me just go over what is inside this sponge, or rather, just what it is, and what is konjac? Well, konjac comes from a plant that grows natively in eastern Asia. It is a fiber from the plant and has apparently been used in Asian beauty for a long time. I guess it's recently grown more popular in the States. And it has activated bamboo charcoal, all of these things adding up to good skin.

 When it comes to washing my face, I've found myself really enjoying facial sponges. I don't use them all the time, but I'd much rather use them than a wash cloth. The fibers feel so smooth and lovely against your skin, and it is a natural way to clean it. You can pair it with a cleanser as well, and it will be a much gentler treatment, leaving your skin nice and dewy. Of course, the dewiness doesn't last, so make sure you apply moisturizer afterward.

 I think this is a really lovely product to own and I have been enjoying it and will enjoy it for a while since it has a pretty good time length you can use it. These sponges from MY Konjac Sponge are available at many health food stores like Whole Foods Market or even online, like here.

  BONUS: These products or vegan free and have the highest standards against animal cruelty. All natural and all safe.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed!

UPCOMING: Some plans to come possibly include a tutorial video, a look into my room renovation, some more reviews, outfit posts, a look into my facial cleansing routine, etc. I also hope to write some inspirational posts.

~ Bethany

2 comments:

  1. This sounds cool! I have a Whole Foods nearby. I think I'm going to try to hunt one of these down. I really need a good facial sponge. Thank you for the review!

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete