Friday, July 26, 2013

Funny Thread {review}

 
Hello Ladies! First, I must apologize to you all for not being consistent on APOC with my posts. I am sure you all know what it feels like to suddenly have something jump into your schedule at the last minute and wreck all the things you had planned for. :)  This is what has been going on for about a month now and just when I think I will be able to post that week, something ends up happening where I am not able to. I hope you all understand.
Second of all, I want to thank my friend Leah Oxendine for giving me the opportunity to review a shop from Etsy today! I am not very talented when it comes to people skills, so she did all the talking and communicating with the shop owner and I get to do the fun part which is the review! Thank you Leah! 
 
Now for the review!!! The shop name is Funny Thread, and is owned by an extremely creative and talented girl named Marta. Marta’s shop, designs all sorts of classy jewelry items all made out of…..thread! Funny Thread contains bracelets, earrings, and necklaces. I really enjoyed looking through Marta’s merchandise and I admired her taste for color and beauty in what she makes, and the classiness of the items she designs.                             
  For this review, Marta sent me a gorgeous  sky blue crocheted yarn bracelet and a pair of sky blue wrapped yarn earrings. (Blue is my favorite color!) The ball earrings came in an adorable box, and inside was a little bag which contained the earrings. I was surprised at first, that the earrings were so light, which I find a great advantage since my ears hurt when I wear earrings that weight a lot. The way they are put together is very professional and they go spectacularly with casual outfits. So for those of you who have a hard time dressing up your jean or casual clothes, this is a wonderful way to do it! Also, the earrings and most of her other items come in a gazillion different colors.  She even has different shades of a single color! If you are one who does not have a favorite color, you are going to find that choosing an items color is a hard decision to make....kind of like when you are staring at a wall of candy in a grocery store and you are only allowed to choose one!   


The bracelet she sent me is sooo beautiful! The thread is first crocheted then the strands of crocheted thread are braided together to make this amazing bracelet.  I am a little cautious when putting the bracelet on just because it feels very delicate but I am sure it could probably stand up to a good bit. Also, from the looks of the bracelet, I figured at first that it might itch a bit, because of the woven-in sparkly thread, but I was surprised to see that it is comfortably soft and does not irritate my skin at all. The bracelet stretches so it is guaranteed to fit most wrist sizes. 


Marta’s shop is definitely worth taking a look at. Here are a couple pictures of some other items she offers at her shop. 
Dangle Earrings


Knit Bracelet 
Yarn Necklace


Knotted Thread Necklace
 
Marta's prices range from $8.00 to $35.00. The prices may seem a little expensive for thrifty homeschoolers, but considering the shipping costs from the Ukraine all the way to the U.S.A. the prices are a little more understandable.  There are definitely a couple items in her shop that I would love to buy when I get a few extra bucks to spend on classy jewelry.

Here are some pictures of myself wearing the jewelry. 


I hope you all have enjoyed this review! Please check out the Funny Thread shop and take a look at all Marta's creations by clicking here. Thank you!!! I hope all of you classy ladies have a lovely day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment