Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Classy Vintage Look. {ClassyGarb}

                                                                                     
 Hello classy ladies! As you're probably aware, I didn't post last week because I decided to take a little blogging break. But I'm back now, with a new outfit post for you. Hope you enjoy!

 I don't know how it is for you, but for some reason I feel like (as far as clothing goes) I belong in another century. I love, love, love vintage or old fashioned looking clothing. A couple weeks ago, we had Past, Present, and Future day at a rehearsal for the show I'm in, A Christmas Carol. I decided to go as someone from the past. My fifties outfit fell apart when I discovered my poodle skirt had a mysterious stain on it... So I scrounged around in my clothing and created a 20s-40s look. I told everyone I was seeking help for the war effort. :) I liked the look so much that I decided to wear it again at church, with a few changes. Below is an image from Past, Present, and Future Day. Then I'll share my changes.








    And here's what I wore to church. As you can see the only significant change is the shoes and tights, though I also wore a white tank top instead of a brown one. The tank top wasn't really thought out, I kind of just wore what I had, though I like the look.



                 Up close... yeah my brother took a *very* attractive photo of me. (Sarcasm.) :P


    Close up on the headish area... isn't the hate adorable? It kind of has a tweed look... those little specks are actually part of the hat, not dog hair. :P

    And of course, the boots! Which I have featured in an outfit post before. But what can I say, I love them!

 As you can see, I've restated my passion for the color brown and jackets as well. I have a completely different, adorable brown and peach outfit that I may share at a later time. Now, for where the pieces came from.

 Dress: Liz Baker. This dress was given to me by a lady from our church. It's the perfect length for me, but needs some tailoring through the shoulders as it's a big big. That's why I wear jackets. As well as the fact that it adds to the outfit.

Jacket: Studio I. This jacket actually came from a set of dress and jacket, but while looking for something to complement the dress, it just seemed to fit. It was given to me.

Hat: d8y. Peebles. (Which is owned by the same company that owns Bealls.)

Boots: Easy Street. Peebles again.

Tights: Unsure of the brand, but they came from Wal-Mart. :)

 And that's all. What do you think of the vintage look? Yay, or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment