Friday, September 27, 2013

Encouragement

Alright, well first off apologies for not getting this posted earlier today. Things have been quite out of control over in my little corner of the world. I've been studying for my second round with the SAT and I've been over all stressed about my scores and how they will effect my scholarships. It seems like every time that much needed money comes into view and then all of a sudden another mountain rises up out of nowhere to cut me off. This past week I realized that this constant battle between what I need, what I have, and what I want was pulling me away from God. Then I realized that I'd become so stressed that I'd failed to even rely on God. There was a reason I wasn't getting anywhere. I had been so focused on me getting things right, so focused on me getting ahead, so focused on my own strength that I'd completely pushed aside the power of Jesus. Obviously realizing this was a good thing, but it also made me feel even worse about myself. I'd wasted time, I'd been foolish thinking this was something I could do on my own. In my eyes I'd already failed and let everyone down. Of course this was silly. Jesus, wasn't mad, he wasn't standing there shouting at me for being so stubborn. No, that was all me. He was patiently waiting, ready to give me the strength I so desperately needed. Since then I've been making it a priority everyday to put aside the math books, the vocabulary flash cards, and practice tests to spend some much needed time in the Word. Some verses spoke specifically to me these past few days, encouraging me, and renewing me. I want to share some of those verses with you.

Matthew 6:31-34
 "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."
Isaiah 41:9-11 

"I took you from the ends of the earth
from its farthest corners I called you
I said, ‘You are my servant’;
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;  
will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
All who rage against you
will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
will be as nothing and perish."

James 1:3-9
"Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord."

Timothy 1:6-7 
"Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."


I pray these verses that speak of worry, fear, patience, and love are as encouraging to you as they were to me. Prayers for myself would be much appreciated as well. I'll be taking my SAT test next Saturday and Lord willing my score will be high enough to

get me a wonderful scholarship. Until then all I can do is place my trust and hope in His hands.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment