Friday, August 16, 2013

Beautiful Things

I was planning on doing this as a Classy Garb post.  Obviously it’s not.  Actually I just got back from a wonderful week at church camp and felt the urge to share some of what I learned with all you classy ladies.
 
                 First of all let me say the week was a huge blessing.  How nice is it to just get away from the world and all it's temptations?  I don’t know about you, but that fact alone makes it the ideal time to renew and strengthen my walk with the Lord. To top it all off we are surrounded by the awesome creation of God. 


   Isn't it beautiful? 

                Since we were ‘roughing’ it by tent camping, packing in our own food (and some even tried to attempt catching dinner while fishing…they didn’t catch much), and basically ‘living off’ the land for the week our camp ‘theme’ was Finding God through His Creation.  Pretty good theme, huh? 


                Think about it.  When I’m surrounded by the world and its influences I tend to lose sight of God and become weary in my walk with Him.  Is it the same for you?  On the other hand when I’m in the middle of mountains, camped beside a stream, getting to wake up every morning to a meadow covered in flowers the first thought that comes to mind is “Wow, God is amazing.”


 The view in front of the tent I shared with two other girls. 

                Throughout the week we were constantly reminded of the awe inspiring wonders God made for us to enjoy.  In our lessons we let God “Rock Our World” by studying David and Goliath with the emphasis on the five stones.  With God’s help we can ‘topple’ our own giants, so we each found our own special stone to remind us that God is always there for us.  Each stone was different, just like each person, but God created and loves us all.   
                
                We also experienced the might and power of God through thunderstorms, lighting, hail, and rain.  Thankfully God protected us from flash flooding, although most of the tents and quiet and bit of bedding and clothing were soaked.  

Actually, it rained more than anything.


                But to me all the rain was worth it.  Seeing a thunderstorm like that in the mountains is a completely differed view than you get in the city or on the flatlands.  The clouds hang so low and the thunder echoes through the canyon.  
  
                Most important however, was the realization that God makes beautiful things, the flowers, the creek, the mountains, the stars that shine so bright in the clear mountain air.  But greatest of all is you.  You are a beautiful creation of God. 


Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17 

Well, I hope you enjoyed my ramblings and I hope that sometime today you take the time to look at God through His creation. You never know what you might find. 

1 comment: