Monday, August 12, 2013

Peer Pressure

 Saturday my brother graduated, and yesterday we had a "Back to school bash" at my church. My siblings and I have been homeschooled since we started, and now I'm the only one yet to graduate- next year. I really think homeschooling is a wonderful thing, but I know it's hard for a lot of people to be able to do that. So this post is aimed toward public schoolers, but homeschoolers can glean from it as well.

 One of the things discussed was peer pressure.

 Peer pressure is something I'm sure a lot of you might come into contact with. I'm homeschooled, and I've suffered peer pressure.

 Peer pressure is defined as: Influence from members of one's peer group.

 A peer is someone that you spend time with, like a friend or classmate. Sometimes your peers want you to do things you know are not right.

 So this is a post for all of you experiencing peer pressure, or for those of you who might experience it in the future. Stand strong. For even if you have all these trying to convince you to do wrong, there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. This friend is God, and he can get you through anything. So whenever you are being pressured to do something, think about the Lord, and ask for his strength.

 Another way to combat peer pressure, is to have godly friends. With godly friends, you will find yourself stronger when fighting this battle.

 I hope this short post was a blessing to you. I'll probably go into more details on all of these posts I'm writing in the future.

 Guess what? In a few weeks... aiming for September... something special will be starting. It involves Pinterest, and me. I'm sure you all are smart enough to think of what it could be. ;)

 God bless!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment