Saturday, August 10, 2013

How to Say "No" To Hand-Me-Downs {Alyson's Thrift Corner}


 
 Let’s face it; half of the time, we receive clothes from our grandmas. And, I will be the first to admit that I do not like most of the things she gives me, even though she loves it. It is always an awkward moment when your grandma says, “Oh, it looks perfect on you,” and you just stand there thinking no, not really. I also have an aunt whom I love getting clothes from, but there is always something that I won’t wear.
Be honest, but be kind. You don’t want them thinking that you liked something and expect to see you wearing it.  Nothing hurts when you smile and say, “I really appreciate the thought, but this really isn’t my style.” Plus, it’s always nice when things don’t fit and you can just say that.
 Your Grandma or Aunt know that you still love them even if you don’t have the same taste in clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment