Monday, May 20, 2013

Stubborness or Being Stiff-Necked!

Hello everyone! Sorry for my unexpected absence last week. Thankfully, I'm feeling much better today! Next week, I should have a product review for you all, but today I wanted to write about something else.

I went to a theme park with a group of young people Saturday. We had a good time, but I was able to view just how people without Christ act. For example, we were in line for a certain ride, and two girls in front of us wanted to switch. Normally, a person would be happy to be in front, but we had reasons for wanting to wait. When we told them we wanted to wait, and wouldn't allow someone else to line-jump, the girls grew very upset, and were basically talking about us to their friends even though we were right there behind them. When it came time to board the ride, they refused, as if they were just doing it to be stubborn.

 I suppose it seems like a little thing, but when we have a stubborn spirit it doesn't look good, and it certainly doesn't look classy.



 As Christian girls, we have to strive to keep our attitudes in check. It's very hard sometimes, but if we have a stubborn spirit, it's hard to grow closer to God. It reminds me of the Israelites in the Old Testament. God was constantly referring to them as a stiff-necked people. They were stubborn, and complaining, always wanting their own way. 

 As human beings, we are naturally like these Israelites. We constantly complain, always wanting something for ourselves. But God wants us to be servants, and to love others. We must be constantly in prayer, and seeking the Lord, because it's so easy to get caught up in this. I've done it myself. 

 So I propose a challenge. Every day this week, pray that God would help you not to be stubborn, or rude. And try, this week, to be pleasant to those around you. Be kind to your siblings, and be willing to help them out. Let's see how this goes, and see if it doesn't make you feel better about yourself. God means for families to get along, but stubbornness can be a great hindrance. So be willing to let up sometimes, even if it means not getting your way.

 I hope this post was helpful!
 

1 comment:

  1. Love this post,we ALL need to practice this,thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete