So, we all know the importance of exercise in our lives, right? Of course we do. In this day and age, it's almost impossible not to know.
But, just knowing doesn't burn calories or build stamina! You have to get up and move - and sometimes, it can be hard to find ways to work exercise into your daily schedule. So that's what we're going to look at today: 5 ways to get your heart pumping, and blood flowing - in a way that's practical for even the utmost beginner athlete.
I know many of you ladies live in the suburbs, or in the city - you might live in places where it may not be very safe to go running by yourself or just take a stroll down the block alone. Maybe where you live do don't have a big yard, and doing laps around the perimeter isn't very appealing to you.
The question plagues you every day when you look at yourself in the mirror, or see somebody else working out. What can you do?
Have no fear, the ideas are here! Hopefully these tips will benefit both the city girl and country maiden alike.
1. Get pinning! If you haven't checked out the myriads of exercise pins on Pinterest, you should. I have found lots of great ideas for short work-outs I can do in the privacy of my own bedroom- you don't hardly need any space at all, which is awesome! Want to tone those abs? Or what about your arms, legs? When I was recovering from a running injury, I found out some great quad work-outs which helped to strengthen my knees even when I wasn't running.
2. Help out the family! If you are still living at home with your siblings and parents, then most likely there are chores to accomplish. Even if you have a small yard, you could make an extra effort to help keep it clean and orderly. Mow the grass during the summer, (and don't use the riding kind, either! Where's the exercise in THAT?) rake leaves in the fall, and if you live in an area where it's cold enough, shovel snow in wintertime. Yard work, at my house, is a great way for us kids to honor our parents, especially my dad, who appreciates a tidy living place! Even vacuuming the living room can burn calories, if you want it to.
3. Get involved! If you live in a community with lots of neighbors nearby
, than take a walk with some of your family members or friends/church members and see if you can serve by helping with other peoples' yard work. Knock on doors, ask if there's anything they need help with! Maybe you know somebody who has an old wreck for a house and they could use some assistance renovating it. Recently, my family helped a local lady fix up a house she owned. Not only were we blessing her and showing the love of Christ, but it wasn't that shabby of a work-out!
4. LIFT! So, you don't need a full weight set and all the hardware to lift weights. You can find old weights at yard sales, or even be creative and find other things to lift without spending a dime. Weight-lifting is excellent for building muscle and retaining it. Not to mention, when you lift weights, the calories will continue to burn long after you've finished a lifting session, as the muscles recover. Isn't that awesome? You can start by lifting smaller weights - 5 pound dumbbells for example - and gradually build up as you feel ready. Just be careful not to overdo it. Go slow!
5. Dance! Zumba classes or ballet shoes are not required! You can simply turn on some of your favorite tunes, and get those limbs moving! I have learned different routines by watching YouTube videos and also, my aunt's shown me a few Zumba moves, which helps. But this isn't necessary for you to have fun and get into it. I usually do it in my bedroom where I don't have to worry about anyone seeing me, haha. This is more for modesty reasons, as I think that dancing can be a potential stumbling block to the opposite gender, and I have 5 other male people in my house. Plus, well, my routines aren't exactly anywhere near professional or polished, to put it mildly. *snickers*
So, there you go! I will hopefully be doing more posts on fitness and exercise in the near future. Keep your eyes peeled, and tell me what you think so far!
Now, to the other half of today's post.
So you worked out. You got a shower, and combined with the endorphins running through your brain, you feel ah-mazing. Now, what would top this bliss off to perfection?
A splash or two, of this.
Perfume from Passion Moon Potions!
Sooo you've already seen me do one review post here on natural, homemade perfumes.
Well, this isn't just another natural, homemade perfume!
I was told by somebody that my reviews are mainly just a bunch of raves - me "oohing and ahhing" over stuff people send me.
Well, to the person who told me that, you are right - it may look like that, from a first glance.
BUT. I'll remind y'all that every review I do is an honest one - I don't take honesty lightly. If I say I'm being honest, you can count on me to be honest. 100%.
I promise you that none of my reviews flatter in vain or against my opinion. If I don't like something, I'll tell you guys! It just so happens that most of the things I've been sent to review, I liked a lot - hence the apparent "oohing and ahhing". (Just wanted to clear that up.)
Both scents are delightful - honestly. I kid you not when I say they are my favorite perfumes right now. Especially the rose petals one. (I have always adored the scent of roses - they're one of my favorite flowers, as are gardenias.)
I have been wearing this one everyyyywhere. It's potent, and that's how I like my perfume. The gardenia perfume is also just as strong in scent.
Both perfumes are oily in consistency, which I like because it's easier to massage it into your skin, and it seems to remain there well...it's not a light type of perfume for body misting.
I have already begun considering purchasing another rose petals perfume from this business when this current one is finished. Wait. Scratch the "considering" part. I'm certain that if I buy perfume, this will be the next one I get.
Hence, we have the bottom line: YOU MUST GET THIS. Well, at least try it. If you love flower-scented perfumes, I guarantee you'll enjoy these two. There are also a variety of other lovely scents available in the shop....go check it out now!
Many thanks to Passion Moon Potions for providing these excellent products!
Note: I was provided these items from Passion Moon Potions in exchange for my honest review. All opinions remain mine and mine alone.