Monday, May 6, 2013

Fantasy Portrait {Product Review}

Hello everyone! I'm thinking about starting something new, of sorts. What do ya'll think about some blog posts about bedrooms? As in, the decoration, organization, etc of them? My room needs some work, and I thought it might be a nice thing to talk about.

 So far on this blog we've mostly focused on clothing, inner modesty, and spiritual encouragement. There have been several clothing reviews, but today I'm going to do a fun review. One of our own writers, Joanna Marie, asked if someone would like to review a cartoon fantasy drawing created by herself. I thought it sounded neat, so I agreed.

 I'm sure, in some form or another, every girl loves art. Some enjoy creating it, some enjoy simply looking at it. Art is a beautiful thing that God gave to us, whether we have the knack for it, or we just admire it. Art is drawing God's creation. I have different pieces of artwork in my bedroom; some drawn by friends, maybe a few of my own. I can't wait to add this Joanna Marie piece to my collection.




Here's the front of the package. As you can see I got a little excited and starte to take the tape off before the photo was taken. :)




 I think it was really creative of Joanna to draw the back like an envelope, don't you?

 Now... for the unveiling...


Photo taken from Joanna's Marie's facebook page.
 I'd say the actual drawing is darker like the top photo which I took. But isn't it lovely? This is supposed to be me, and she did a great job catching my hair and eye color. In order to have the photo done, I sent her some photos of myself, and told her what animal/weapon I'd like to have. She did a fantastic job. I wasn't sure what to expect in the beginning, but Joanna more than proved her quality of workmanship. I really love it, and can't wait to frame it and hang it on my wall. Also, I love the medieval looking dress she drew. <3




 
 She even sent a lovely what I'm sure is handmade card! Isn't it pretty?


  All in all, I'm very happy about Joanna's work. I like it, and so do members of my family, so those are extra points! If you'd like to look into getting your own fantasy portrait done, check here.


Or if you want to see her other work which includes really cool Hobbit, and Superhero plates, drawings, and paintings, check out her Etsy shop!


I hope you've enjoyed this review. God bless!
 

4 comments: